Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Simple Cards

I am still in the mode of making cards for my DIL Ashley. I did not want to make them to busy, just something simple to let her know I was thinking of her.

Here are two cards I made this morning.  Items noted with a number or notation in ( ) are from Stampin' Up.  The rest of the supplies I had on hand.


The stamp set used for the saying is called Best of Love (132987).  The card is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half. I wrapped the red ribbon (approximately 18") around the card twice and taped it to the inside of the card at both ends. I used my Scallop Oval punch (119856) to punch out the saying. I affixed the saying to the card with Snail Adhesive (104332).



This card uses two stamp sets. The first is Perfectly Preserved (no longer available, but available as a download). I stamped the jar on white CS and a transparency which I embossed with black powder. I stamped the lid for the jar on CS. The jar and the lid were cut out using the framelits that match the stamp set.

The second stamp set is Make a Cake (126742). I used the small heart to stamp the many hearts inside the jar stamped on white CS. I glued the transparency on top of the CS and then attached the lid with Stampin Dimensionals (104430). 

Once I get ready to write a note inside, I will cut a piece of copy paper to fit so she will be able to read what I write.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment