Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ornament Christmas Card

The bad thing about getting your Christmas cards done early is you come across other ideas that you like! I saw an ornament Christmas card and thought I world try to make one. The card I saw used an ornament punch, of which I do not have, so I thought I would try it with my oval punches.

Here is what I created ...


I used a 3/4" and a 1 3/4" oval punch. Although the picture does not show it, I put a transparency behind the holes. I then punched out the reindeer, tree, and Santa from a piece of paper, spritzed them with glitter, and taped them onto the transparency. 

I created the tops of the ornaments with the itty bitty circle punch and cut the circles in half. I cut the ribbon to be the length from the top of the ornament to a little over the edge so I could tuck it behind the red cardstock. I tied little bows out of the same ribbon and affixed the bows and the straight ribbon with a glue dot.

I added the sentiment and back it with green cardstock. I affixed this to the card with dimensionals.

I thought it turned out pretty cute for my first attempt! I hope you like it too! 

Have a great day! ツ

No comments:

Post a Comment