Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sympathy Cards

Sympathy cards seem to be the hardest to make, but they end up being my favorite ones. I guess that is because of the love and sorrow that goes into the cards. 

When I heard of a dear Christian woman being placed in hospice care, my heart broke because I knew her time was near - she was such a fighter. This wonderful Christian lady was such a great part of my life and I will miss her dearly! Although we live on opposite sides of the US, we were in contact with each other and I cherish the words of encouragement she gave me. I was blessed to work with her and what a Christian example she was! 

The same day, I learned of another Christian woman who was having struggles so her daughter was staying with her at night. I had a get well/thinking of you card on my "to do" list for the next day. Unfortunately, an email arrived the next morning stating she passed away during the night. 

My heart was heavy as I learned of two wonderful Christian women leaving this earth the same day. What a joy for them as I know both of them are exactly where they want to be and are no longer struggling with their health. 

I made several cards to send to the family members who were "left behind" and placed them in the mail. Yes, these cards are the hardest to make, but the memories that came while making them - well, those are priceless and I will treasure them for a long time to come!



Hope you have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment