Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Halloween Treat Boxes

I had some scrap paper and I kept thinking, "What can I do with this?" When looking at my table I spied the extra "bats" from making Halloween treats for my daughter's classmates. Viola! This treat holders are what I made!


The scrap pieces of cardstock measured 3" x 12". I cut them down to 3" x 9". I scored the short side at 1" and the long side at 1 3/8", 4 1/8", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4". I cut on the red lines as shown in the diagram; completely removing the small square on the bottom right to create the tab for the box. I used adhesive on the tab to created the sides of the box and then glued the bottom tabs closed.

The moon is punched from a 1 3/4" circle punch. The owl is the owl body from the owl builder punch and a 1" bat from Create a Critter 2 for my Cricut. I glued 7 mm googly eyes on the "bat" and drew the mouth with a white uni-ball pen. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up! and it is punched with the word window punch. I sponged the "bat" with white ink; the moon and sentiment with brown ink.

Hope you have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment